Bill has enjoyed a distinguished career and brings his extensive board level experience to companies and organisations in energy, infrastructure and the public sector.
Graduating in Mathematics from Durham University, Bill then joined Ernst & Young before later joining British Railways and continuing his career, in turn, with major enterprises in the UK and across Europe.
A flair for finance, business growth and negotiations that deliver win-win outcomes, has led to Bill being placed in leading positions:
- 2003-04 – Director of Finance, CDC Globeleq
- 2005-10 – Non-Exec Director, Rutherford Indemnity Ltd
- 2007-10 – Chairman NED, GPS and CNPP Pension Services
- 2005-10 – Chairman NED, Direct Rail Services Ltd
- 20015-10 – Chief Financial Officer, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
- 2010-present – Managing Director / Consultant, Decommology
Bill has a Postgraduate Business Diploma from Manchester Business School, is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a member of the Advanced Management Programme & Follow-up INSEAD.
Career highlights include:
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority – restructured investment decision-making process and gained funding increase clean-up programme
- European Chemical Agency – new ERP systems, negotiated new tariffs / funding for EU biocides prog.
- Direct Rail Services – grew from £24m to £50m
- Sundog Energy Ltd – grew from £2m to £12m award-winning business; won contracts for London 2012 Olympics and Kings Cross Station
- CDC Globeleq – Refinanced USD 1 Billion power projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and South America
- TXU – grew continental European business from zero to €1.5b turnover, involving acquisitions and disposals in Mordic, Western and Central Europe.