Construction and development of the Chelsea Village and Football Club Stadia – North, South and West Stands. Development includes 2 four star hotels, 2 apartment blocks, a basement nightclub and 3 restaurants, conference centre and banqueting facilities, underground car, health club and business centre.
Resolve issues on planning permission for replacing the Old Shed and find temporary seating solution to avoid fan disappointment and lost revenue.
- The Old Shed was replaced with temporary seating for a couple of years before work began on the new Shed End.
- The lower tier of the new West stand was built on schedule after resolving the planning permission issues.
- At the same time the Chelsea Village Hotel was built.
Results & Benefits
- The 13,500 West Stand opened on 19th August 2001
- This marked the completion of Stamford Bridge, a re-development that had started with the East Stand in 1973.