A chemistry degree from New College Oxford naturally heralded a move into the world of finance. Matt has enjoyed a wide-ranging career that started with Scottish Amicable and has included Nat West Securities, Hoare Govett, Schroder Securities, Morgan Stanley, Credit Lyonnais and Société Générale Securities. He is seen as an international finance and fund-raising expert and has appeared on many TV programmes and spoken at industry conferences.
Matt has business interests in property, software, digital marketing, Life Sciences and public affairs. He has specialist experience in developing Business Plans for new ventures, in particular for freight forwarding projects – UK and International.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Business analysis
- Published seminal investment research documents on Rail Track, Rail & Bus, Airlines, Airports, Shipping and Port operations and many others
- Voted No. 2 in Reuters survey of investment analysts for research on the Pan European Transport, Airline and Infrastructure sector
- Funding and Finance
- Key team member on equity financings raising over $3bn
- Clients include: Air France, BAA, China Eastern, Copenhagen Airports, Amadeus & Eurotunnel, Deutsche Post, Ryanair, Vienna International Airport
- Commercial Leadership
- Strategy development
- Financial Analysis and structures
- Business development
- Negotiation & Collaboration
- Lobbying UK Government
- Multi-finance institutions