Alan has built a solid reputation as an outstanding telecommunications and network engineer with vast experience tracked through the technical development of telecommunications technology in the Transport and Infrastructure industries – UK and international.
Always focused on practical solutions that support customer service, Alan graduated in HNC Electrical Engineering in 1980 and immediately embarked on a career that has spanned many major communication infrastructure companies/projects including North Sea Oil & Gas (Total Oil & Marathon), Service Providers (ntl, Energis & Mercury O2O) and the Channel Tunnel (Racal Milgo). Alan’s experience working on rail systems in the UK (London Underground and Network Rail), Australia (SRA of NSW), South Africa (Gautrain), Norway (Jernbaneverket) and the Middle East (Riyadh & Makkah Metros) gives him a unique perspective and insight.
Since 2004, Alan has worked for Atkins, Emcor Rail, Fourway Communication & Application Solutions (Safety & Security). Most recently he worked for Drake & Scull UK as part of the extended TenBroeke team delivering services to Bombardier Transportation at Old Oak Common.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Telecoms system design/planning, installation & commissioning
- Technical – IP networks, Wi-Fi, Telephone and Radio systems, PAVA, CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Detection systems, System Synchronisation, BMS Control, Structured Cabling.
- Project Management
- Design review and verification
- Close-out / issue / supplier management
- Pre-contract and tender support